

Yeah, i said it! I'm in a bitching mode about it. I'm doing a low carb bulk type diet right now and i'm in the "transitional phase" where the body has to switch from using carbs as fuel to using fats. I don't like the side effects of it, but i'm really doing my best to stick with it and at least give it a chance. It's the CHA (high protein, high fat) diet which is supposed to help you build, but you are able to stay somewhat lean on it (minimal fat gain). I started a journal over at bodybuilding.com so i can hold myself accountable. Some great people that follow my journal so i want to do my best. I have been on it for like 4 weeks almost, but with the holidays well...ya know it wasn't a consistent diet. Now i'm basically starting over and here we go with the weak feelings and just losing strength. I really hope this is worth it. Everyone who has tried it raves about it so yeah that is why i'm hanging in there. Kicking and screaming over here....lol.
For example, here is Sunday's stats on my meals. Anything under 100 grams of carbs, i'm pretty worthless.
Calories - 1902 Carbs - 72 grams Fat - 83 grams Protein - 217 grams
I get to have post workout carbs (complex) after my lifts on lift days so those days are GOOD. I get one cheat meal a week. I have been pretty good with the diet this week, no bites of anything unauthorized or nothing like that. So i just don't get why i feel so crappy even though i am getting in enough calories and fats. Sheesh, my body is picky.
The good news is that i'm looking leaner and my waist measurement went down by half an inch :D I'm about 24 weeks out right now. If this diet doesn't work out, going to do a moderate carb bulk diet. I just feel so much better with more carbs and i feel like i can lift so much more...STRONGER! Don't know what the plan is for the comp diet yet. Scivation offers a free comp diet and advice on the comp prep, i may try that for a little while and see how it goes. If not, then i have a few trainers in mind to get me going. Just hope the money situation gets better by then. Trainers can be expensive, BUT i don't want to work hard and look the same on stage. I would just cancel then. So something has to give. That is all, that is my rant of the week...hehe.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
LOW CARBING SUCKS!
Posted by Peaches*n*Cream at 9:18 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I'm going to go over to your bodyspace and check out your journal.
You dont need a trainer! I'll help u all I can.
Sandra...your body will get used to that diet, just give it a bit of time.
I agree with Jodi you are amazing you can do this by yourself you have so much support from so many people..I did pretty good on my bulking this year if you need any advice or have any questions!
You will rock the stage this year!!!
I'm doing a similar diet but a whole lot less carbs...I actually have more energy eating this way...I'm a bit hyper actually :) But I love carbs...however my body doesn't :( Hang in there though, give it some time...I love the inspirational pics you have up on here...wow!!
Thanks you girls! I am feeling SO MUCH better now and my body is adjusting to the diet. YAY!! I'm getting used to fixing low carb meals now and keeping up with my meals. Got to do this for me. Jodi, you are such a doll! Thanks for your support and advice. You have helped me a great deal since i started competing and i really appreciate it.
Michelle, thanks girl. Always super supportive. You sure did a great job on your bulk! Lots of muscles!
Tina, i think our bodies are similar. I LOVE carbs, but my body not so much. I have too many and i'm sluggish. I can deal with moderate carbs though, but going to keep using this current diet as the results are coming in. :) Will update my blog later!
Post a Comment