I haven't blogged in awhile and have just been relaxing. Well, not really just taking a break from the internet and training hard at the gym. I'm so determined to build more muscles. I just started a new shoulder routine and going to start working them 2xs a week (posted starting point, will post again after done with 8 weeks of training, already 1 week in). I'm going to have to rearrange my lifting plan a bit to give the shoulder workout some days in between to let them recover properly. I'm thinking 2-3 days in between. I took some starter pics of the shoulders (8 week program) and can't wait to see what happens!! My sister is doing the same program too. I am getting my strength back in the gym and i LOVE it!
On another note, i was cleaning out my closets this weekend and found that i STILL had some size 14 and size large work outfits that i was still holding on for some reason? What the hell, i'm DONE being the fat girl! I'm going to list some stuff on Ebay, i got a good bit of stuff that i could get some cash back on. I have my old size large X-Men Storm costume that i just posted and got a few more of the girls that are in great condition. Its just money laying around, you wouldn 't believe it would sell, but it does. My closet is kind of empty now...lol. I have more workout clothes than anything, speaking of which i need to get some workout pants since the seasons are about to change. Heck, i still had some bigger workout clothes that were stashed away, time to get them out of my house!
The other day while at the gym, I was showing my picture in the 2 piece that was taken by a photographer to a few people at the gym including one of the owners. Well, when i was about to leave, he asks me if i could bring in a picture of me like the one i had so he could display it with some other competitors on his display table. I was flattered! I got one and going to take it to him when i drop off my daughter. Maybe they will be nice and give me a free t shirt or something :P Funny, now my oldest daughter Karina is interested in doing bodybuilding after watching my show. There was a young bodybuilder there that inspired her. She asked me if i could find a beginner program for her so she can start working out. She has already started doing a little bit on her own and people at school are starting to notice. She has big legs too and already starting to build as well as her triceps :D I TOTALLY support it if she wants to get into it as long as it doesn't affect her school work. I would be so proud of her! I told her to find out about it first really good before she commits to it and take her time. There is a lot more she could research. Oh i had one of my daughters turn 12 this past Friday. See the pic :) My girls are growing up so fast! Yes, i had a small slice of that delicious Publix cake! Hmmmm, buttercream frosting chocolate cake, who could resist!
The bulking. Well, last week as pretty much semi clean and now i'm trying to get a little better with the eating cause i hate the way my midsection is and the weight gain. I know the scale sucks right about now and most of it could be water retention and what not, but it sucks. The midsection is so weird after doing a show. Mine is really flat on the bottom and in the middle, it looks like i have a tire or something...lol. Not so bad in the mornings, just during the day. I have been drinking lots of water, at least a gallon to help with it, but Amy/my trainer said it will take about 1 month for my body to go back to *normal*. I would like to stay within 125-130 range with around 15% BF offseason so i don't have to bust my butt when i do a few shows early next year. Thats sounds about right? I still want to be able to build, a trainer at my gym tells his girlfriend (figure competitor) that she has to eat big if she wants to continue gaining muscle. I think he believes in dirty bulking which does work for some i guess. I don't think that would work for me though, i would just get fat. I either lose weight fast or gain weight fast...NOT FAIR! I do like the fact that i have a little bit of freedom now though and don't have to think about food constantly. If i want to go out, i don't have to freak out if i forgot a meal and all that. I missed outside food! I'm so bad, i haven't went to Pizza Hut yet and that was something i was really craving towards the end of my comp prep. Just afraid of what it will do to my body, i think i will have to make a stop there this week though to get it out of my system. I'm so crazy, i have started to track my calories again already cause if i don't get an idea of where i'm at, the pounds are going to start creeping up on me. I need some structure and don't want to be guessing. Well, thats about all i got right now. Just enjoying life a little more since i don't have to be so strict witht the diet and all. I'm still a total gym rat though :P No overtraining for me though. Train smarter, not harder as my friends tell me.
Tuesday, September 23, 2008
Bulking mode!!
Posted by Peaches*n*Cream at 11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Good luck with the bulking, I'm sure you will pack on some 'healthy' muscle!
Happy Belated Birthday to you daughter too! She's beautiful! But, ofcourse, you can see she takes after her Mom!
Cute picture of you two! :)
Training smart is the key Sweets! You have done a fabulous job at transforming your body, I have no doubts you will achieve ALL of your goals!
xoxo
Of course I'm curious where you found the shoulder program :) I think you looked perfect for your show...I hate the judging...you never know what they are looking for from show to show, and the girls they pick are never what they say they are looking for...GAWD...but it's still fun! Can't wait to see where you are headed with the bulking :) Your posing was spot on ;)
Post a Comment