CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

Bulking...let the muscles GROW!!

Thoughts!

So i know i haven't blogged in awhile. I have been sorting out my thoughts and feelings since my last comp on 5/10. I just made the decision on joining the gym last week as i believe this will help me to get training harder and get the muscles growing better of course if its paired with the proper nutrition. My plan right now is to track my foods in fitday and do a regular bulking plan. I found this great article on bodybuilding (I have been reading up articles a lot lately on building mass) and think its very informative for people looking to build mass:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek97.htm

I also redid the body type test and it came out mesomorph, i'm thinking i'm more like a ecto meso since i have a mix of both of those.

This weekend will be a little off, i was planning on doing a cheat day, but since this is a holiday weekend its going to be cheat meals spread out. Not trying to obsess about it, but i need some kind of control by inputting my meals on non cheat days into fitday to see what is going to work on me and where i need to cut things out.

Future Shows

Well i have decided not to go for the Nationals show in November in Atlanta. My trainer said this is the time i need to take my physique to the next level. She recommended i bulk and shoot for the Arnold Amateur. She has me lifting weights 5 times a week (she is about to change up my weight workouts) and doing cardio 5 times a week (45 minute sessions) so that should help control the fat while building the lean mass that my frame really needs. The Arnold show is SUCH a big show! She says that the National shows are bigger and since there is a pro card on the table, its way more competitive. I just need to figure out how to cover the costs for the Arnold. I need to get busy finding sponsors for this, would help if i had some nice photos from a photo shoot. Crud, just means i will have to get more creative. If anyone thinks this is easy, you are wrong!! Takes a lot of dedication and hard work! PHEW!! My sister wants to do a show this year and wanted me to do the show with her, but i don't think that would be in my best interest. I discussed it with my trainer and she hasn't really said. She just knows that i need to build and need enough time to do that. She and I want to take my body to the next level (dang, another transformation?). I just love seeing the muscles grow though and i know it can happen. Heck, i built the muscle while losing fat while following Body for Life and doing Build the Fat, Feed the Muscle. I wasn't eating enough protein as I'm eating right now. I'm so freaking inpatient though! I want to see the growth NOW! I know its going to take about a few months to see some progress per the above article and the longer you bulk, the better results. I just DON'T want to get FAT again!! I don't mind going up in weight (no more than 135lbs though), just still being LEAN. Just sucks though with NPC, you pay for a membership for a year, but it runs out by calendar year (12/31/08) so i only am going to get one use out of it. I still haven't received my card in the mail yet, i signed up the day of the show along with others for it.

Hubby's feelings

He is feeling better about all this and sees that i'm serious about it. He was bragging today at our neighbors get together about my biceps and had me showing our neighbors (how embarrassing). They were surprised, but i bet they think we are a bit on the crazy side...hehe. They did mention how great i look and were congratulating me on the show. They were curious to know how it went and were asking questions. I love to motivate people to do better with their health. Now there were other neighbors there and the lady goes to the gym that Elsa and I signed up at. So we were just talking about the classes they offer there at the gym and she mentioned that she works out for 2 hours so SHE CAN EAT WHATEVER THE HELL SHE WANTS. OK, this really annoyed me, but i bit my tongue and didn't say anything. Why do people think this?? I was reading in Oxygen where it mentioned "No gym time can undo a Big Mac & fries". I just kinda looked at her funny. Then her husband was asking me how i trained and what i eat since he has been trying to do better with his fitness. She was just looking at me funny. I then asked her if she goes in the weight area to lift weights, she just gave me a crazy look and said "hell no!". LOL. She is really funny, but not very educated on somethings. I will try to help her out if she doesn't tell me off :P So yeah, thats all i have right now. Well, not really but i don't want to bore you all and it will give me more to write about in my future blogs :P Have a great weekend everyone!

4 comments:

April said...

Bulking is a big mental game. Just make sure it's clean and you'll be alright! You need the weight to grow but it'll come off! Probably easier for you!

You can be a little bit of both bodytypes. I'm an endo-meso with most falling unfortunetly on the endo ugh....

No Name said...

Hi Peach,

Seems like you are prepared yourself well for bulking. You read about it, you know what it is all about, you set a goal to not go over 135 - that's great! These are all the right steps.

Unfortunately, I thought just like your neighbour - I can workout and eat what I want during this bulking phase - it won't hurt! WRONG!!! I gain a lot of fat with this uncontrolled eating... and got myself in trouble.

Good luck with your training. Stay patient - the muscles will come!!! :-) And Arnold Amature - yeah, girl! That's some goal you have there!!! YOU CAN DO IT!

XO's

M.

Peaches*n*Cream said...

Thanks ladies! Yeah, i think this second time it will be a bit harder losing the weight. Just got a feeling about that, i might be wrong though. The whole metabolism damage thing freaks me out. I hope that doesn't happen.

Tina said...

Geez, I went to read all of those articles and I forgot to leave a comment...Can't wait to see you at the Arnold...don't say maybe it's a done deal, get that entry form in cause I ain't doing this with out you!!